Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Time to make a comeback ...

Ever heard the saying … Today is the first day of the rest of you life ? That is what today seems like for me. Yesterday was my last radiation treatment at the Wilmot Cancer Center. I would like to thank all of the Doctors, Nurses, Technicians & people that have helped me over the past 6 weeks. You all do an awesome job. Thank You !

The past 10 days have not been great. The cumulative effects of the Radiation & chemo certainly zaps the energy out of you body. I must admit I am glad round one is over.

I cannot say what the future may bring. The only thing I know is that I appreciate all of the love & prayers you have sent me since 11/8/09. So today starts the day to rebuild my body’s strength. One day at a time.

During the past year I saw the following at one of my customers … I thought I would share it with you.

“ BUILD A BETTER WORLD “

“ God said .. Build a better world and I replied .. This world is such a cold and dark place and is so complicated now. I am so young & useless there is nothing I can do .

But God in all his wisdom said … “ JUST BUILD A BETTER YOU .”

2 comments:

  1. Mark,
    you can come back from the dark side and put away that Darth Vadar mask.....your words are inspirational and are all your actions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark, I am not very savvy when it comes to posting on blogs, but i am giving it a go. Congrats on finishing up all your therapies, and I hope you are feeling better every day.

    Wow the pix by Chris et al were great, it really shows how it takes a village, both medically and socially! Love the "flat Mark-ie" esp. the holiday version :)
    I saw Kathy Parrinello in there too, she's a tennis friend!

    Bob is going in for hip surgery on Wed at Highland, hip resurfacing or replacement depending on discretion of dr. drinkwater.

    Hope you are both golfing away this summer!
    Hope to see you soon, Kathe K

    ReplyDelete