Thursday, February 18, 2010

On my way back ... Thanks to all of you !

Thank you ! Thank you ! Thank You ! Because of all your prayers I received a good report from my Oncologist yesterday. I had my MRI at 8 am & visited with the doctors at 12 noon to review it. Great news – the treatment is working ! The tumor has not grown & the swelling in my brain is normal.
Now it is on to round 2 of Chemo. Also my blood platelets have rebounded back to normal so my bone marrow is working properly.
Most of all I can’t thank all of you enough for the outpouring of love & support over the past 90 days. I have heard from people that I have not spoken with in over 30 years !! It has been so great to reconnect with grammar school friends ( St. Ann’s) & HS friends. Thank you so much for your cards & prayers.
On Monday a good friend ( JOE MADISON) stopped by to see me while driving back to Michigan. He is a good friend of my brother Bill. We all grew up together in Syracuse. Joe is a special guy & it was great to see him. On his way east to meet up with Peter Waters ( along with David Tobin & Peters cousin Mike Connor) they stopped by to vist our 4th grade teacher from St. Ann’s ( Sr. Jane Mary ). Anyway , Joe brought me some beautiful music & a prayer & some wisdom from Sr. Jane Mary. I can’t explain it, but what Joe brought me was what I needed at that moment. It is amazing how present God is in our lives though all of the people we interact with.
Another highlight of the week was a trip to Skaneateles to see the the NYS HS Girls Frozen Four & see the new addition to the family ( Nathaniel Orsen) son of Jennifer ( my niece) & Joe Orsen. It was great to make a road trip & even better to see everyone.
MAKE SURE TO VIEW THE PHOTOS THAT ARE ATTACHED TO THE BLOG. ( FLICKER)
I am blessed to have all of you around me. Thanks for being there for me.


1 comment:

  1. Mark,
    I am glad to hear that you are doing well. When we talk again I will tell you of another Fisher alumnus with the same cancer as you and is also doing well some 6 years later. Say hello to Fats and anyone else that remebers me.
    terrence mccall

    ReplyDelete