Friday, April 23, 2010

Roller Coaster Ride


What a ride. It’s been a physical & emotional roller coaster over these past 3 weeks since Easter. By the way on Easter Sunday my great friend & neighbor from Hilltop Rd. in Syracuse Peter Waters flew myself, Mike Thornton, and my son Brian to opening day for MLB baseball. Red Sox vs. Yankees . It was a beautiful day & perfect day & evening for baseball. It was great game with the Red Sox coming from behind to win 9-7! I now have a favorite MLB baseball player – Dustin Pedroia. He gives 120% all of the time.

Thanks Peter & Janet for a great time !!! Fenway on opening day. Stephen Tyler ( God Bless America) & Neil Diamond ( Sweet Caroline). Unbelievable !

That was at the top of the roller coaster with the rush of going down the hill. Unfortunately, there was a low period when the Chemo was kicking my butt. Oh well that’s to be expected. My blood platelets do not like Temodar ( chemo ). They drop to real low levels. I am working with the doctors to come up with a plan so we can keep a better schedule.

I did have an MRI scan one week ago. Not to bad but that is why I need to keep a regular Chemo schedule. That will keep the stupid tumor in check.

Last week I did get out to walk a few holes & play some golf with Brian. Can’t play to well. That sucks. My stamina & swing are not to good. It’s very frustrating. It was good to get out on the golf course.

I have been getting to spend a lot of time with Christopher ( my Chauffer) he drives me to a lot of my doctors appointments. Unfortunately for Chris he has to listen to me “ backseat drive” telling him to change lanes & most of all “ make the light” ! For all my family members that sounds familiar. He is a great young adult.

Andrew picked up a cold so have not seen him much. A few times over the past week. I hope he gets over his virus soon.

Mary has been busy keeping the household running. She is amazing. She took off for Florida on Wednesday 4/21 with her brother Patrick ( his 3 kids) & sister Amy to my parents condo in Seminole FL for some R&R. I think they are having a blast !! The boys & Mary are at he TB Rays game tonight in St. Pete. I am sure they are having fun.

The highlight of the week for me was the St. John Fisher Scholarship golf tournament cocktail party at Oak Hill CC. I am Honorary Chairperson this year. It was great event & I got to see some people I have not seen in awhile. I am looking forward to the tournament on June 7th.

It has been a beautiful spring here in Rochester. Hope all of you are doing well & enjoying the weather. THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT & PRAYERS !!!





5 comments:

  1. Mark my Man, great post. Thinking of you and sending all possible positive mojo and prayer your way.
    looking at the photos of you and the fellas at Fenway makes me feel great today as I look at it. what a life.
    Like Neil Diamond says 'turn on your heart light now'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark,

    We remember you and Mary from Pre-Cana with Fr. Joe all those years ago. I read your article this morning and just wanted to say our prayers are with you and the family. Hi to Mary and God bless all of you.

    Fran and Guy Valone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark:
    Good to see you at the Sherwood Inn! You know my mother was a big fan of yours!! My brother Bob sent me copies of the two articles about you in the Democrat & Chronicle. Very impressive!! While relatively rare, I do believe that miracles happen. For example, yesterday was the anniversary of Our Lady of Fatima. You have my thoughts, prayers, and best wishes. God's peace to you.
    Bill Waters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mark, Woody Hunt sent me this link. God Bless you and your family. All the best, Bob Saley and family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Muenchy

    You have always been one of my favorite people. Praying for you and love you bro. Catch up next time up. Groenells(SP?) for dinner on me?

    ReplyDelete