Friday, September 10, 2010

Starting a New Treatment

Mary taking me for a walk

I have been home now for 11 days making a slow recovery from shingles. My neck and face still have pain but it gets better everyday. I can’t wait for the pain to go away.

They did an MRI scan on Tuesday the 7th, and we reviewed it with the doctors on Wednesday. The scan showed that the swelling has moved into the other part of my brain and the tumor has grown a little bit.

Chris and I walking through the neighborhood. Like my Sox?

We discussed the options and I am going to start a clinical trial at Strong, which should begin on September 20th. It is called XL184. You can look it up on the web.

Just to look back over the past month. My father’s funeral at St. Ann’s was very well done. Everybody did a great job especially my brother and niece who gave nice and hilarious talks and captured Dad accurately. It was especially good seeing all of the people at church and at Bellevue CC. 105 people showed up. Thanks for showing up. It meant a lot to my Mom.

It’s nice to be home, I am trying to get out more although I have to use a walker and wheelchair to get around. Thanks to Chris for being my chauffer. He watches over me and makes sure I don’t fall down.

That’s its for now. I will keep you posted on my progress. Need to get back walking.


My View from hospital of:
University of Rochester "Nipple of Knowledge"

4 comments:

  1. Mark,
    I BELIEVE!! My prayers are with you and the whole Muench family. I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your Dad. I only heard about you and your health tonight. I spoke with Fats and got the lowdown.
    Keep up the FAITH!! God is always with you!
    Peace,
    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark,
    I thought of you a lot yesterday when I was in Chicago on an interview. Did you get my t-shirt with the QR code (quick response bar code) on the back? Those things are all the rage in Chicago advertising.

    The company I interviewed with makes the motor drive controls for the scooters you see at Wegman's stores. maybe we need to get you a scooter with high-performance drive system and tires in order to KEEP UP WITH YOU. You're amazing....Our thoughts and prayers are with you (always smiling)...Doug & Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mark,

    Doug is right,it's hard to keep up with you. I love the U of R pic with the nipple of knowledge...mother's milk, right? We are rooting for you just like at a ball game and then some. Our Atlantic Canada trip was great. Ended up in Quebec City. There's a place to play. Hugs to you both. Elizabeth and Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mark -
    What a great video of your Dad- You look just like him in his uniform picture. So sorry for your loss.

    Phil and I are thinking of you this week as you begin your new treatment. Hope your shingles pain is subsiding-we're praying that it does.

    Love all your pictures - Miss you!
    Kathy & Phil

    ReplyDelete