Friday, December 25, 2009

BELIEVE !!!!




MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE !!! I am sure happy to be celebrating another Christmas this year thanks to all of the great Doctors, Nurses, Technicians & people that work at Strong Hospital & The Wilmot Cancer Center. Not to forget my family & friends that pray for me everyday. Thank You.
As I have to told you Christmas is a special time & always has been for me. Probably because I love to get presents ! This year with the help again of Gayle & Doug Hitchcock & Leila Doll our home is decorated to the max !! Over the past 20 years I have constantly picked up Christmas decorations for the house. This years theme created by Mary, Gayle & Leila is BELIEVE !! I can’t think of a better theme.
With all that is going on in the world today it is easy to give up hope & not believe but that is what the world wants us to do. So I ask anyone who reads this blog to begin to BELIEVE again. Most importantly believe in a “HIGHER POWER” greater than yourself. With all that has taken place in my life so far I truly believe that GOD exists. No matter what your religion, there is a GOD & God’s presence can be in each & every one of us. That is a choice for each of us to make.
Anyway , BELIEVE in something because anything is possible.
My favorite news story of the year was about US Airways Flight 1549 piloted by Capt. ‘ Sully’ Sullenberger. You gotta believe after seeing that story ! Truly amazing. "The Miracle on the Hudson". Miracles do happen! I can’t imagine how the lives of everyone on that flight that day have been changed. Do you think people on Flight 1549 were praying ?
I will end with this. My friend Jim Mrva sent me a story the other day. I won’t share the whole story but I will share what the story said about “ prayer”.
THE POWER OF PRAYER
I believe God only gives three answers to prayers …
1. “YES!”
2. “ NOT YET.”
3. “ I HAVE SOMETHING BETTER IN MIND.”
All I know is the God hears all of our prayers & that whatever happens , it happens for the best. Sometimes its not the answer we want but its always the best answer. Just think about it & look at your own life.
Just remember you always gotta BELIEVE !


4 comments:

  1. Great Christmas message Marky.
    Your many friends in Syracuse have you and your family in our thoughts and prayers today. Merry Christmas!
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark,

    It's almost 2010 and as we wait up 'til midnight you are on our minds and in our hearts. We believe, with you, that all will be well. A great mystic Julian of Norwich uses that as a mantra. All Shall Be Well, in all manner of things, All Shall be Well.
    Your goodness radiates from the likes of you and is totally a gift. The pig roast is but one example. May 2010 bring miracles beyond your wildest expectations. Hugs and love, Elizabeth and Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark,

    Well, what a club we both belong to. It was a shock to me when I found out but it all happened so fast I don't think it hit me right away.

    It sounds like you are doing great, and I love the theme of the holiday season, "Believe." A positive attitude and great support from family and friends helps as well and it seems as though you are quite fortunate in that area.

    I am now 3.5 months post surgery and I already feel like a million bucks! Keep fighting your fight, I will keep checking back on you and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers - I BELIEVE you will beat this!

    ~Minda Wesley
    Pam and Tom Wesley's daughter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark,

    I just heard about your situation, and I honestly feel like someone kicked me in the stomach. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Mary and the whole Mulvehill family that love and adore you! Although we have not spent a lot of time together, the impression you have had on me was significant! Your positive attitude and your great sense of humor are the things that I remember the most. If any one can beat cancer, my money is on you because of your attitude towards life and your tremendous wife and strong family support!

    I believe in the power of prayer, and I believe you will beat this!

    God bless,

    Harry Hirsch

    ReplyDelete