Friday, December 4, 2009

Time really does fly ...live in the present moment , it truly is a PRESENT!

Has it really been 8 days since Thanksgiving ? Time goes by so fast. Is it like that for all of you ? Fast motion…time to slow down a little.
This week we made the trek to the National Institute of Health in Bethesda MD. Mary & I were accompanied by our good friends John & Lauren Doyle. It was great to have them with us. Just another adventure to log in our life book. ( We have had many adventures with John & Lauren). Better yet their Children Jack & Alexandra joined us for dinner. They both live in the DC area.
The best part of the trip was dinner !! John made a reservation at BLACKSALT FISH MARKET in the Georgetown area. DELICIOUS ! Better yet – an old friend ( not really old) showed up to say Hello ! –TERRY MCAULIFFE from Syracuse NY. It was great to see him. What I love about Terry is that he is a world renowned person but best of all he is still a down to earth SYRACUSAN. Terry is an energetic guy that has seized the opportunities that have been put in front of him. He is an amazing guy!
We enjoyed the conversation with Terry and the food was UNBELIEVABLE !! FOUR STARS **** for Blacksalt Fish Market. If you are ever in the DC area make sure to give it a try.
NIH checked the protocol for my treatment at Wilmot Cancer & gave it the “thumbs up”. The NIH is quite a facility. Thanks to my neice Jennifer I was able to speak with the "docs" & learn more about tmy condition. I found out that I am blessed to have such a wonderful treatment center in my backyard. A big “thank you “ to everyone involved at the Wilmot Cancer Center. They are doing what needs to be done right here in Rochester.
Yesterday I went for my “trial run” simulation for radiation treatment. The staff was great & it only took about 15 minutes. The great news is that the radiation treatment will only take a maximum of 20-30 minutes each day Monday –Friday. It is amazing to see the equipment that is used to treat cancer patients. Thank God for scientists & inventors and the technicians that run these machines !
I just can’t believe how fast everything is moving. Has to be the Steroids ! ( they have something to do with it.) I just want you to know that we are headed in the right direction. I can’t thank you enough for all of the cards & well wishes.
THANKS FOR THE PRAYERS, CARDS, LETTERS, FLOWERS, ETC. I CAN’T KEEP UP.
I AM SPOILED – I HAVE ENOUGH – DO SOMETHING FOR SOMEONE LESS FORTUNATE THIS CHRISTMAS SEASON. THAT WOULD BE THE BIGGEST GIFT TO ME.
People ask “ How do I feel ?” My response is I feel great, but I am sick. It makes no sense to me. It certainly puts things in perspective. The only thing I can say is it is important to live life with a sense of BALANCE. Its important to look at your everyday life & ask yourself “ Am I in balance with myself & my community”. If the answer is yes – great. If the answer is no – then you need to step back & get back in balance --- SPIRITUALY-EMOTIONALY-PHYSICALLY.
Its not easy , nobody’s perfect but we can all work on it.
TODAY IS A GREAT DAY – IT IS MY DADS 90TH BIRTHDAY !!
NORBERT W. MUENCH
HE IS A GREAT MAN & A GREAT DAD !! I LOVE YOU DAD !!!

Dinner @ BlackSalt Fish Market
Mary, Mark, Terry, Jack,
Alexandra, John, Lauren



Norbert W. Muench, Capt. USCG

1 comment:

  1. Muenchie: You are the best. too bad you never lived over in Ward. Haffey guys just never hacked it. BTW, read your piece about the DC trip. I have meet Terry before in my former role as the Vice Chair of the Nassau County Democratic Committee and I was so impressed that he was such a regular guy. No pun intended, but you Syracuse boys are the "salt" of the earth.
    God bless.............Peter Ruffner

    ReplyDelete