Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Update .. getting into the routine

Just a quick update 3 days before Christmas. I started week three of treatments yesterday. Everything is going well. As much as I want everyone’s sympathy I couldn’t be better.

This past weekend we had Andrew’s group home Christmas party, the Foxboro neighborhood party ( thanks Linda & John), Hot Stove League Luncheon , Buffalo Sabres game Saturday night with Brian , Ray Miller & Alec Miller. ( went to a shootout & lost to PITT – bummer). Sunday mass at Assumption & home to watch football & goof around with the family. ( and take a nap).

Needless to say my life is pretty normal. Most of you know I like to be active.

I really don’t know what to say. I think people are beginning to think I might be faking.

Anyway I am doing well at taking my MEDS. ( yuk) I am so lucky to have Chemo capsules instead of being hooked up to an IV drip. Took my Chemo capsules at the start of period three of the Sabres game Saturday night. Washed them down with a LABATTS BLUE LIGHT !! ( JUST KIDDING). I also get the weekends off from radiation. That is sweet.

Other than I cannot drive, life is pretty normal.

Oh no – just noticed hair all over the computer keyboard. Maybe headed to baldness !! Maybe things are not so normal. Just want to live each day as best I can.

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL OF THE CARDS!! I STILL HAVE NOT CAUGHT UP TO READING ALL OF THEM.

Make sure to finish that Christmas shopping but most important try not to stress out.

PEACE – Mark.

PS- GREAT NEWS !!! THE DAYS ARE GETTING LONGER – MORE SUNSHINE

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't be more pleased with the sunshine and the blessings you've shared with us. Thanks for your elf visit as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you were going to lose your hair anyway. Now you'll look like Arena.

    Keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete