Monday, December 7, 2009

The word of the day & month ... PATIENCE !

Today is the day … Monday December 7th 2009. Most of you know what happened 68 years ago .. the attack on Pearl Harbor & a war began. Dec 7th 1941 – “ a day which will live in infamy.” I guess you could say my war against cancer begins today. I start my radiation & chemotherapy process today ! I can’t say I am excited about it, but it’s something that has to be done. I am a little anxious & scared, but, hopeful & optimistic that miracles happen. Miracles, have already happened in the last several weeks !

The word of the next 18 days is PATIENCE !! I say that because we are in the Advent season waiting for the birth of Jesus in Bethlehem. Christmas time has always been a special time for me since I was a kid. ( ok – so I am still a kid !) Anyway, everyone gets wrapped up in the busyness of the season. What I hope for is that everyone can take a minute or two each day ( preferably 15 minutes) and meditate on the true meaning of Christmas. THE BIRTH OF OUR SAVIOR. JESUS & WHAT THAT MEANS TO THE WORLD.

With our busy lives & all this new technology ( cell phones,emails,texting,facebook) it seems like we are always moving faster & faster. I know that is the way of the world but I think we begin to lose the meaning & spirit of our lives. Don’t get me wrong, all of this new technology is wonderful. It is a gift from up above. It’s amazing !! As I have told many of my health care providers over the past several weeks “ I don’t know how you do it, but I am glad you do.”

Over the past several months I began to lose patience with business, family & friends. I think it is just a sign of these stressful economic times. At times I think that “attitude” may have added to the condition I have today.

My word of advice is to be PATIENT with yourself & others during this Christmas season. Let this time be a Merry & Happy time, not a stressful time. I know its hard to do, but if you take a moment to stop & pray it will make the season more enjoyable than ever !!!

Let the games begin today … I will keep you posted on my treatment progress. Be PATIENT !! Say a prayer today that our world can find peace. The peace starts within each one of us.

PS – Just to let you know. This illness is harder on Mary & the kids than it is on me. Please keep them in your prayers also & please call in advance if you are going to visit us.

PREPARE YE THE WAY OF THE LORD !!

2 comments:

  1. Mark,

    We are so sorry to hear of your health troubles. You and your family are in our daily prayers. Thank you for all your help over the years with Challenger Baseball.

    God Bless,

    Bill, Bev and Matt Reed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark,

    I am so sorry that we have let so much time go by without any contact. To say I was shocked when I heard the news of your illness would be an understatement! As a two time cancer survivor, I will tell you that your thought process is spot on! It sounds like you are receiving quality treatment and combined with your positive attitude, God will take care of the detais that are left. Our best to you, Mary and the boys.

    Dan and Veronica Glunt

    ReplyDelete