Tuesday, December 15, 2009

BIZARRE - my word of the day,month & year

BIZARRE – that is the word to describe what is happening day to day with me. I still can’t quite accept that I had/have a brain tumor. I had surgery 35 days ago but it doesn’t seem real. I feel fantastic, there is no way I could be sick.

One thing that I am thankful for is that I have the chance to still be here with my family & friends. Even though I have the dreaded disease called cancer, because of the care I have received I have the opportunity to be with all of you.

I have thought over the past 5 weeks how tragic & sad it is when someone leaves this world in an instant. Obviously, I have become more aware of my mortality since 11/8/09. I have heard stories from family & friends of people that have died suddenly over the past several weeks. I cannot imagine how difficult it is to deal with sudden death of a loved one. I am not a biblical expert by any means, but I do know that Jesus said “ that we do not know the time or the place…”. I can only think of how hard it is for the loved ones that are left behind. I guess that is where someone's faith plays a major role.

Over the past several weeks I have met so many wonderful people. People I would have never met if I was not ill. Its sounds “ BIZARRE” but I am glad I have had the opportunity to meet these people. Everyone of us is important to one another.

Only 10 more days until Christmas !! The light of the world is coming … the daylight will be longer everyday !!! Daylight gets longer after 12/21/09 !!! I always look forward to getting by the “shortest” day of the year & headed toward the longest day JUNE 21st.

Last Friday after my 5th radiation treatment I asked the technicians this question. “ Am I getting radiation when the flashing lights are going off ?” They answered “ What flashing lights.”

BIZARRE !!!



3 comments:

  1. We think about you and pray for you along with our grandson, Matthew everyday. You both are sharing the cancer journey. Matthew, 19 monthsold, was diagnosed with AML (acute myelogenous leukemia) 2 weeks ago. He just had 10 days of intense chemo He will have 2 weeks off then 8 more rounds. hopefully his sister is a match for a bone marrow transplant. You surely have inspired us during this Advent season. Bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow .. I will pray for Matthew everyday. 19 months old & he has to go through this? Please keep me posted on Matthew's journey.

    MAy the lords peace be with you . -- MArk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark,
    Just recently heard of your illness and my son Brian told me about this blog. I want you to know that our Assumption's men's prayer group is praying hard for you and your family. Your courage is an inspiration to allof us. Keep the faith my brother. God bless you.

    Paul Riesenberger

    ReplyDelete