Thursday, November 26, 2009

HAPPY THANKSGIVING - Amazing things are happening

I know I am thankful today. I guess everyday should be considered Thanksgiving.

If I told you, you wouldn’t believe it, but its true. There are angels walking amidst us everyday. Since returning home & getting stronger my closest angels are my family. I cannot drive so they all take turns driving me to where I have to go. It’s especially nice when I am with my son Chris because he is a good driver who takes his time ( not like his dad!) Mary has been making her delicious soups & cooking & Brian is helping with many chores that need to be done.

All of my health care providers have been wonderful. I started Physical Therapy with Kathy Leonard who rehabbed my Achilles tendon injury in 1997. She is the best ! I am walking better everyday & only use a cane for safety ( and to get sympathy !)

What is truly amazing is the energy I have … STEROIDS ! That is what the docs say .. but I think it is from up above.

I start my radiation & chemo treatments on 12/7/09 at the Wilmot Cancer Center@ Strong. It will be a 6 week regiment. I was fitted for my radiation mask 0n Thursday. The people at the Wilmot Cancer Center are so nice.

All of what has happened has certainly put things in perspective. What is truly important are the people that are close to you in everyday life. The most important person is “ yourself ” – not in a selfish way. If you don’t take care of yourself spiritually & physically you can’t take care of someone else. So start with yourself.

I have to give credit for learning that at Matt Talbot Ministries in Rochester, NY. If it wasn’t for that ministry, my life would be much different. Remember the angels I was talking about ! I met some there.

More recently I have encountered so many wonderful people because of my illness. Just think if I wasn’t ill I would have never met them.

Just so you know I have had moments of just being plain “scared”. There is no definitive answer as to “ how long”. Only God knows the answer to that one. At one point in the hospital I thought “ this is it.” However, Mary & I believe in MIRACLES .. and a MIRACLE will take place.

I know all of your prayers are heard. Please also pray for other sick people that you know. The power of prayer can be unbelievable.

Also. A BIG “ THANK YOU” for all of the cards, letters, flowers, food etc. I have enough … just say a prayer each day that is all I/we need.

I doubt I will be able to respond to all of the wonderful things people have sent my way so all I can say is “ Thanks”.

Just remember this … Miracles happen and do happen everyday. You just have to open your eyes. If you keep them open I guarantee you will see an angel. God knows we need more angels in this world we live in.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!

PS - Check out the movie/dvd - AUGUST RUSH. It's a pretty good story. Very sentimental but has a good message. If you have HBO it is on this month. ( sorry I am spoiled)

MARK'S ENTOURAGE
Jennifer, Marcy, Mary, Kathy and Mark

2 comments:

  1. The Shaddock family has you in our prayers. You are also on the StPaul's Episcopal Church prayer list. Hope to see you back at monroe GC soon. Keep the faith babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, Both Claudia and I have keep you Mary and the family in our prayers and hope for a speedy recovery. Your extremely positive attitude can only bring you success in recovery. I look forward to seeing you back on the links.

    Happy Thanksgiving to all!

    Keith

    ReplyDelete