Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I am Blessed !


Hello Everyone !! A week ago today I was preparing for surgery at 12:15 pm. I arrived home on Monday 11/16 @ 3:15 pm.

THANK YOU ! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! for all your thoughts & prayers over the past week. I could feel everyone of them. That has what has pulled me through & will continue to do so. I am so blessed to have the best family & friends in the world.

I want you all to know that STRONG MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (URMC) is the BEST medical facility in the world ! ( I am not kidding) The care I received from the moment I checked in the ED on Sunday 11/8 was unbelievable. People make the place & experience. The employees at SMH are fantastic. The first people that made an impression on me were the "transporters". They wheel you from procedure to procedure. They don't know who you are & they don't know what condition you may have but they are very important because most people would rather be somewhere else at that given point in time. Their smile & voice make all the difference.

The administrators, nurses. techs, doctors are the BEST in the world at SMH. They brought me into their home, fixed me up & sent me home. They did their job & a good one at that. Thanks to all of them I can begin my road to recovery.

Well - believe it or not getting tired already ... will start workouts soon. I will try to keep you posted daily on the blog & stay in contact with you.

Thanks again for your support & prayers they mean the world to me & my family.

LOVE - MARK

Picture of my surgeon Dr. Howard Silberstein

3 comments:

  1. great day with your son... you both should be so proud of all three of them... my god does he hit it long.. did he get that from Mary....
    Mark m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark,
    Remember when you sat in the back of my class and held hands with Mary and flirted with her instead of paying attention to my fascinating lectures? Well, your assignment now is to beat this damn disease and I will raise your grade to A+.
    Love,
    Ray Martino

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read your blog. Our prayers are with you.
    Ron and Deni Mack

    ReplyDelete