Saturday, November 21, 2009

Starting another journey .......

Eleven days after brain surgery …. A MIRACLE ! I am sitting at home with my family & would like to go out and play 18 holes of golf !! Unfortunately I have some difficulty walking so that won’t be happening. Don’t worry I started PT yesterday & they will have me walking better in no time.

THANKS for all of the prayers & support, that is what makes the difference.

Lou Gehrig said he was the “ luckiest man on the face of the earth “. I know what he meant. I am standing in his shoes.

Thanks to my surgeon ( Dr. Howard Silberstein) & the staff at Strong Memorial I am making an amazing recovery.

So here is where we are at as of today. I have been diagnosed with a brain tumor called a Glioblastoma. Most of it was removed but a little remains. I will start treatment in 2-3 weeks ( radiation & chemo-therapy ) combined. I will be treated at the Wilmot Cancer Center @ Strong Memorial Hospital.

Again, I want to thank all of you for your support. Keep praying .. it works !

Most of all what you can do for me & my family is to DO SOMETHING FOR SOMEONE LESS FORTUNATE THAN OURSELVES.

I wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. Family is the most important thing we all have … so cherish it. I believe if you have a strong faith, family & friends that you can make it through anything.

PEACE --- Mark.

8 comments:

  1. Mark

    Your positivity is inspirational! Keep it up. We're with you.

    David and Linde Klein

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark,
    Kim and I and the kids are thinking of you and praying for you. If you have a minute, let me know if you have a message for the Committee of 25 group.
    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mark,

    Saw the sign on Foxboro yesterday, that's awesome! You and your family are in our thoughts.

    Brian Cardona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark,

    I love you man! I think of you everyday. You are one amazing guy! We're with you...

    Gub

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mark!
    You continue to be the unsinkable Molly Brown! Well ok Marky Muench. ;) We're here for you all.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mark,

    I am thinking about you and your family and keeping you in my prayers.

    Have a great Thanksgiving with everyone!

    Dan Wagner (TLF)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mark, Mary and the family,
    Denise and I wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving. Best of health in the coming months. We will be thinking and praying for you as you continue to battle this terrible disease.
    Love, Denise and Denny Tepas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mark, Mary and family,

    We are thinking about you this Holiday weekend and wish you the very best. Our thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. Mark, can't wait to see you outside working on the yard. Happy Thanksgiving.

    Peter & Mel Carpino

    ReplyDelete